May 3, 1993 to May 13, 1993, at the Rainbow Villa Retreat Center
in North Bend, Washington, Living Buddha Lian-sheng (Master Sheng-yen
Lu), the founder of the True Buddha School, gave a series of talks
on the subject of an overview of the Buddhadharma. In the numerical
system outlined below, the Living Buddha presents not only a clear
and concise understanding to a profound teaching, but also a concrete
way to reach Enlightenment.
- The initial step of faith, comprehension, practice, and realization
- The two doorways of theoretical versus practical approaches
- The three non-outflow studies of discipline, stability, and
- The four noble truths.
- The five roots and five positive agents.
- The six perfections.
- The seven factors of Enlightenment.
- The eightfold noble path.
- The ten powers of Buddhas.
- The twelve links that constitute the chain of conditioned arising.
If you're looking to begin practicing the True Buddha Dharma or
have begun and want to deepen your knowledge, An Overview of the
Buddhadharma together with its companion volume, A Complete and
Detailed Exposition on the True Buddha Tantric Dharma, represent
the best place to begin furthering your knowledge. In His unique,
easy-to-follow style Grand Master will lay the foundation you need
to base your beliefs and gain the right understanding. He draws
on the fundamental teachings given by Buddha Shakyamuni which underpin
all the schools of Buddhism and without the knowledge of these essential
doctrines one's knowledge of the way will always be incomplete.